Next: C Compiler
Up: The C Compilation Model
Previous: The C Compilation Model
We will study this part of the compilation process in greater detail later
(Chapter . However we need some basic information for some C
The Preprocessor accepts source code as input and is responsible for
- removing comments
- interpreting special preprocessor directives denoted by #.
- #include - includes contents of a named file. Files
usually called header files. e.g
- #include <math.h> - standard library maths file.
- #include <stdio.h> - standard library I/O file
- #define - defines a symbolic name or constant. Macro
- #define MAX_ARRAY_SIZE100